"An incredible specialty camp taught by one of the best face-off coaches in the entire region!"
July 6-8, 2016
Boys ages 10-18 (no beginners)
Linway Terrace Park Turf (McLean, VA)
Head Coach and Director: Garett Ince
He graduated from the University of Virginia in 2011 where he was the face-off specialist and 4 year stand-out. Here is his BIO. We will add a second face-off coach before camp as well as necessary.
• Team Canada Tryout, Oct. 2013
• Midfield Face-off Specialist for UVA 2008-11
• National Champion D1 UVA 2011
• Ontario, Canada Native
• #1 Face-Off Guy UVA 2011
• Salisbury Prep School 2005-7
• All New England Award 2005-7
Coach Garett Ince in action vs Duke
Sessions: Three 120 minute sessions
Positions: Midfield and Longstick Midfield
Experience: ALL but no beginners
Equipment: Full pads required (helmet, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, stick). Also please wear cleats and lacrosse shorts. All lacrosse apparel and equipment is found conveniently at Madlax in McLean or in our online store at www.Madlax.com/shop.
Please check-in on first day by 9:30am. After the first day you can arrive at 9:45am for drop-off. We will supply you a reversible game jersy to wear and keep. Bring a re-fillable water bottle. Bring full pads (see llist below).
You can email our camp coordinator here, email@example.com, with any questions before camp. You can call Garett Ince, Camp Director, during camp hours only if an emergency here (571) 268-7343.
Description: This is a specialty clinic for a player wishing to become a dominant face-off midfielder for his age. Face-offs have become the most important part of the boys game. A dominant face-off man can easily win games for his team! The Madlax proven teaching method will enable midfielders to learn techniques that will improve quickness, power and wins. Madlax has produced 4 D1 FOGO recruits in last 4 years that have attended; Duke, Princeton , Syracuse and Loyola. This camp will definitely fill up fast so be sure to register by clicking the "REGISTER" tab above.
Face-Off Camp Plan:
• Session 1: Fundamentals & The “Plunger”/”Pinch-and-Pop” (5 Step Process). Auxiliary and counter moves
• Session 2: Stalemate and ground strategy. Wing control and controlling play
• Session 3: Mental and game strategies. Competitions and Awards!
• Comprehensive lesson regiment; “How to Dominate”
• Proprietary 5-Step Face-Off System
• Custom F/O style tailored slightly to each specific player’s strengths
• Video analysis & comments
• Written guide outlining face-off specific technique, conditioning, strength training techniques and tips and what to work on email after the camp.
Extra Special Camp Features
• Free Equipment Awarded Daily to Campers of the Day
• 10% Discount in MadLax Stores through August
• MVP Awards
• Radar Gun / Hardest Shot 2X week
• Face Off Competition with prizes
• Free Reversible Game Jersey
• Sponsored by: Warrior Lacrosse
We will email a 10% in-store discount coupon in June before the camp to all those who are registered at least a week prior to camp. We will also supply reversible jerseys for the campers to keep.
Helmet with Chin Strap
Goalies – Chest Protector and a Throat Guard for helmet
(optional) Athletic Supporter with Cup