Dates: 1/5, 1/12, 1/19, 1/26, 2/2, 2/9
Who: For Intermediate & Advanced Level Face-Off Specialists & Midfielders.
Note: Players will be grouped by skill/experience
Cost: Only $270 for elite instruction!
Dulles SportsPlex Address: 21610 Atlantic Blvd, Sterling, VA 20166
Winter clinics are held at the recently upgraded Dulles SportsPlex in Sterling, VA. At the Dulles SportsPlex we will use a large training area field turf field on which you should wear molded cleats.
Coaches: Garett Ince, Read Bio Here
Garett Ince will be the director and graduated from the University of Virginia in 2011 where he was the face-off specialist and 4 year stand-out.
• Team Canada Tryout, Oct. 2013
• Midfield Face-off Specialist for UVA 2008-11
• National Champion D1 UVA 2011
• Ontario, Canada Native
• #1 Face-Off Guy UVA 2011
• Salisbury Prep School 2005-7
• All New England Award 2005-7
Sessions: 5; One Hour Sessions
Positions: Midfield and Longstick Midfield
Class Size: 12 Boys per group per session
Equipment: Full pads required (helmet, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, stick). Also please wear cleats and lacrosse shorts. All lacrosse apparel and equipment is found conveniently at Madlax in McLean or in our online store at www.Madlax.com/shop.
Description: This is a specialty clinic for a player wishing to become a dominant face-off midfielder for his age. Face-offs have become the most important part of the boys game. A dominant face-off man can easily win games for his team! Coach Ince's proven teaching method will enable midfielder to learn techniques that will improve quickness, power and wins. This clinic will definitely fill up fast so be sure to register by clicking the "Online Application" tab on this page.
Face-Off Clinic Plan:
• Session 1: Fundamentals & The “Plunger”/”Pinch-and-Pop”
• Session 2: Auxiliary and counter moves
• Session 3: Stalemate and ground strategy
• Session 4: Wing control and controlling play
• Session 5: Mental and game strategy
• Session 6: Finale! Fun competitions. Combine all knowledge & finish strong.
• Comprehensive lesson regiment; “How to Dominate”
• Proprietary 5-Step Face-Off System
• Custom F/O style tailored slightly to each specific player’s strengths