Fall Tryouts will take place August 24-27, 2017 and may continue until August 31st if weather or competition requires. Exact times and locations for each grade will be announced by July.
Advanced 2nd-12th Grade Boys
2018-2028 Graduation Years
The Premier Boys Lacrosse Travel Program in the Greater DC area...and in the Nation!
The fall Madlax-Capital season includes three segments. You are expected to attend as much as possible however, we know many of you play fall team sports. We support multi-sport athletes so we try very hard to schedule around fall sports so you can play lacrosse for Madlax once a week. Once fall sport season ends in late October we ramp it up with November tournaments and you should really attend everything!
1. Workouts/Practices/Scrimmages: Every team will have a workout on either late Saturday afternoon or early Sunday morning. The schedule will be posted around tryouts. These workout sessions are 90 minutes broken up as 30-60 minutes of technical, positional skill work followed by 30-45 minutes of live half or full field. The live half & full field will be a way to input team concepts (offenses, defenses, rides, clears, EMO/MDD) as we prepare the boys for upcoming tournaments. Players who attend these can expect shooting, dodging, feeding, defense, speed, goalie and face-off specific training. The scrimmages will be fun, fast and with no body contact allowed as we respect athletes in fall sport seasons who want to stay healthy.
2. League Games: Only the the youngest youth teams (2025 & 2026) will play in a Sunday Outdoor Box league in McLean instead of weekly training. Again, every other team 2018-2024 will have workouts that include playing live controlled games.
3. Clinics: Optional and extra for those Madlax All-Stars who have Wednesdays free and you want more lacrosse skill work you should add an optional and extra clinic. These clinics are detailed here, www.madlax.com/fallclinics. Madlax players all receive 10% off and should email email@example.com to receive this code before registering.
4. Tournaments: All Teams will play in 2-5 team tournaments or play days in October and November. High school teams (2018-2021) will attend the highest level college recruiting tournaments on weekends where college coaches will watch them play. Youth teams (2022-2028) teams will compete against the best teams nationally in all-star tournaments mostly on Sundays in October and November. Each team will have a varied schedule which we will ultimately post on this page.
Note: The fall season ends right before Thanksgiving. Then the Winter Season starts and Madlax All-Stars players should play NorthStars Box Lax travel team if they do not play a school winter sport. We also have an open box league, CBLL, and hold occasional outdoor practices. Read details here, www.madlax.com/winter.
Play With Passion - Madlax Coaches
Register for Fall 2017 Tryouts (new players) or the Season (returners) Here
Madlax provides Game Jerseys at the first fall league games. Coaches will simply meet players an hour prior to first game on Sunday and hand them out. Players are responsible to keep them and there is no charge unless you lose it and it needs replacement. We do expect every player to buy their own game shorts by the 2nd game latest on 9/20 in the McLean Madlax retail store or online. Click logo on right.
1345 Chain Bridge Road
McLean, VA 22101
Madlax All-Star Gear:
1. Game Shorts White (required)
2. Shooting Shirts Orange (preferred)
3. Helmet. Orange Cascade CPX-R or R only. (preferred)
4. Madlax Helmet Decals. (Required if you don't own a Madlax helmet)
5. Spirit Wear: Hats, Tees, Sweatshirts, Jackets, Bags, Sweatpants (preferred)
EVERYTHING FOR YOUR SON; practices, games, tournament with all details are posted on the Calendar & mobile APP for your team. We update it almost daily. We strongly encourage you to follow your sons team(s) using both of these features.
SportsEngine, SE, our website host company, provides Madlax a FREE, robust and cool mobile APP to Madlax families. Be sure to download the APP on your phones and follow your sons team! From your IPhone or Google Play Store simply search for SportsEngine. After installing the APP be sure follow your sons team. Be sure to turn on notifications and alerts so you are made aware of all updates!
From your main desktop computer, you should copy the ICAL URL below (beginning with word webcal....) for the specific team that you want to follow. Then paste it to your google calendar or MAC Calendar. If your phone is linked to your desktop which it likely is already, you will get the team schedule on your IPhone or android phone calendar. Then all updates will happen automatically when we make changes.
ICAL URL: Calendar Feeds to Copy:
2018 Capital: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=792032
2018 MDVA: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=2378868
2019 Capital: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=1398002
2019 MDVA: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=2378864
2020 Capital: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=768347
2020 MDVA: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=2378844
2021 Capital: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=792082
2021 MDVA: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=2378851
2022 Capital: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=766007
2022 MDVA: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=2378854
2023 Capital: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=1397904
2023 MDVA: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=2378856
2024 Capital: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=1241632
2024 MDVA: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=2378860
2025 Capital: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=2213795
2026 Capital: webcal://capital.madlax.com/ical_feed?tags=2689309
You Should be Proud!
Your son just made a very, very strong lacrosse program and is going to get a lot better this spring and summer if he commits and works hard. He is a talented and athletic young man and has a very bright future. Now that he has made it I want to remind returning parents and inform new parents of how we see your roles ideally in Madlax All-Stars.
Stay Positive and Supportive!
We know it's an exciting time to watch your boys play on game day and it can be frustrating at times, trust me, we know. All coaches are trained, experienced and understand the game at a high level having played and/or coached at the collegiate level. We have specific training plan and goals within each team. We simply ask that you are always trusting and supportive of the coaches. If you have an issue with a coach please email the directors but never address a coach right after a game or directly.
By being supportive of Madlax and the coaches and understanding and trusting of our process you're helping the boys develop their passion for the game of lacrosse. You are also making it such a more fun environment for them to play in. Although Madlax plays the best players to win in league games and playing time is never guaranteed (read written playing time policy here), we are not a win at all cost club. In fact, it is more important that we are developing the boys skills and overall understanding of the lacrosse while acting in line with our C.A.S.E. initiative. Ideally we are enabling the boys to have fun while they work hard to improve. There is a greater chance of this happening for your sons if you stay positive and supportive!
Don't talk to your son or coach from the sideline.
When the parents scream 'SHOOT!' or 'PASS!' or "Just RUN!" it is distracting and confusing for them. Often times it is just plain wrong and frustrating for coaches. It's hard not to get caught up in it for players this young. It is VERY hard. We get that. We know we even have some parents who have played college lacrosse but even those parents must refrain from coaching and speaking to your sons. Talk with your sons all you want after the game or before but please...NOTHING during the game. Let him learn and enjoy the experience on his own. Also please never stand on the bench sideline or on the endline if possible. We would also strongly encourage you that when you do speak with your son about lacrosse that it is positive and about his effort and attitude more than about plays or mistakes he made on the field. You will burn him out if that is all he hears and he just wont want to play anymore for risk of being scolded in the car ride home. Try to celebrate assists more than goals, ground balls more than hits and being coachable and a good teammate more than anything else.
We understand you are making a sacrifice and taking a lot of time and spending a lot of money in having your sons play Madlax. We take this fact seriously and therefore try to maximize our time with them. The players who commit and attend the most will have the greatest experiences. Thank you for bringing them to every practice and game and taking on these simple roles as a Madlax parent. Please communicate early and often if you have to miss something or be late for academic or personal reasons. We look forward to a fun and very successful season coaching your boys!
ENJOY the Season!
Play with Passion,