Register for Fall 2017 Tryouts (new players) or the Season (returners) Here
Register today for a tryout (new players) or the fall season (returning players). Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you missed fall tryouts and want to set up an evaluation in September.
The fall Madlax All-Stars season includes three segments. You are expected to attend as much as possible however, we know many of you play fall team sports. We support multi-sport athletes so we try very hard to schedule around fall sports so you can play lacrosse for Madlax once a week! Once fall sport season ends in late October we ramp it up and you should really attend everything!
1. Workouts/Practices/Scrimmages: Every team will have a workout on either late Saturday afternoon or early Sunday morning. The schedule will be posted around tryouts. These workout sessions are 90 minutes broken up as 30-60 minutes of technical, positional skill work followed by 30-45 minutes of live scrimmaging. The live scrimmaging will be a way to input team concepts (offenses, defenses, rides, clears, EMO/MDD) as we prepare the boys for upcoming tournaments. Players who attend these can expect shooting, dodging, feeding, defense, speed, goalie and face-off specific training. The scrimmages will be fun, fast and with no body contact allowed as we respect athletes in fall sport seasons who want to stay healthy.
2. League Games: Only the the youngest youth teams (2026 & 2027) will play in a Sunday Outdoor Box league in McLean instead of weekly training. Again, every other team 2017-2024 will have workouts that include playing live controlled games.
3. Clinics: For those Madlax All-Stars who have Wednesdays free and you want more lacrosse skill work you should add an optional and extra clinic. These clinics are detailed here, www.madlax.com/fallclinics. Madlax players all receive 10% off and should email email@example.com to receive this code before registering.
4. Tournaments: All Teams will play in 3-5 team tournaments. For high school teams (2018-2021) these will all be 3 top recruiting tournaments in November on weekends where college coaches will watch them play. For youth (2022-2027) teams they will play in 4 elite all-star tournaments mostly on Sundays in October and November. Each team will have a varied schedule which we will ultimately post on this page.
Note: The fall season ends right before Thanksgiving. Then the Winter Season starts and Madlax All-Stars players should play NorthStars Box Lax travel team if they do not play a school winter sport. We also have an open box league, CBLL, and hold occasional outdoor practices. Read details here, www.madlax.com/winter.
Play With Passion - Madlax Coaches
Updated/Changed on 8.31.16
CLICK THIS DOCUMENT TO SEE THE FULL SCHEDULE...
We will update with exact times and dates in late August.
Dates: Saturday late afternoons between 3-7pm or Sunday mornings between 10-1.
Location: The Landon School in Bethesda, MD or St. Albans School in Washington, DC
Dates: Weekday late afternoons between 4:30-7:30pm. (2021-2026 Teams Only)
Location: Langley Fork Park in McLean, VA
We strongly encourage everyone in Madlax who can make it fit into their schedule to register for the entire 'Fall Season Package' below instead of only tournaments. Most fall sport athletes can make this lighter schedule work because every workout, practice, league game and tournament is on a Sunday or late afternoon on Saturday. We know every Madlax player needs to practice to improve and likely they can't just show up in November and play well in tournaments. There are some players (boarding school students) and those who are just too busy that playing in November recruiting tournaments is all they can make work.
2017-2020 Capital Teams
a. Complete 'Fall Season Package' to include all tryouts, workouts, practices and three November recruiting tournaments. $795
b. Only three November recruiting tournaments. $595
2021-2024 Capital Teams
a. Complete 'Fall Season Package' to include all tryouts, workouts, practices in September and October and 4 elite level all-star tournaments in October and November. $795
b. Only 4-5 elite level all-star tournaments in October and November. $595
2025-2026 Capital Teams
a. Complete 'Fall Season Package' to include all tryouts, workouts, practices, 7 Sunday league games and 2-3 all-star tournaments in October and November. $795
b. Only 2-3 all-star tournaments in October and November. $495
Madlax provides Game Jerseys at the first fall league games. Coaches will simply meet players an hour prior to first game on Sunday and hand them out. Players are responsible to keep them and there is no charge unless you lose it and it needs replacement. We do expect every player to buy their own game shorts by the 2nd game latest on 9/20 in the McLean Madlax retail store or online. Click logo on right.
1345 Chain Bridge Road
McLean, VA 22101
Madlax All-Star Gear:
1. Game Shorts White (required)
2. Shooting Shirts Orange (preferred)
3. Helmet. Orange Cascade CPX-R or R only. (preferred)
4. Madlax Helmet Decals. (Required if you don't own a Madlax helmet)
5. Spirit Wear: Hats, Tees, Sweatshirts, Jackets, Bags, Sweatpants (preferred)
Practices, Games & Tournament details are posted on the Calendar for your team below. We are updating it daily.
You should copy the URL below (beginning with word webcal....) of the specific team that you want to follow. Then paste it to your google (GMAIL) calendar or MAC computer and you will get the team schedule on your Iphone or android phone calendar. Then all updates will happen automatically when we make changes. I strongly encourage you to follow your sons team(s) using this ICAL feed. Also be sure to download the NGIN APP on your phones and follow your sons team!
You Should be Proud!
Your son just made a very, very strong lacrosse program and is going to get a lot better this spring and summer if he commits and works hard. He is a talented and athletic young man and has a very bright future. Now that he has made it I want to remind returning parents and inform new parents of how we see your roles ideally in Madlax All-Stars.
Stay Positive and Supportive!
We know it's an exciting time to watch your boys play on game day and it can be frustrating at times, trust me, we know. All coaches are trained, experienced and understand the game at a high level having played and/or coached at the collegiate level. We have specific training plan and goals within each team. We simply ask that you are always trusting and supportive of the coaches. If you have an issue with a coach please email the directors but never address a coach right after a game or directly.
By being supportive of Madlax and the coaches and understanding and trusting of our process you're helping the boys develop their passion for the game of lacrosse. You are also making it such a more fun environment for them to play in. Although Madlax plays the best players to win in league games and playing time is never guaranteed (read written playing time policy here), we are not a win at all cost club. In fact, it is more important that we are developing the boys skills and overall understanding of the lacrosse while acting in line with our C.A.S.E. initiative. Ideally we are enabling the boys to have fun while they work hard to improve. There is a greater chance of this happening for your sons if you stay positive and supportive!
Don't talk to your son or coach from the sideline.
When the parents scream 'SHOOT!' or 'PASS!' or "Just RUN!" it is distracting and confusing for them. Often times it is just plain wrong and frustrating for coaches. It's hard not to get caught up in it for players this young. It is VERY hard. We get that. We know we even have some parents who have played college lacrosse but even those parents must refrain from coaching and speaking to your sons. Talk with your sons all you want after the game or before but please...NOTHING during the game. Let him learn and enjoy the experience on his own. Also please never stand on the bench sideline or on the endline if possible. We would also strongly encourage you that when you do speak with your son about lacrosse that it is positive and about his effort and attitude more than about plays or mistakes he made on the field. You will burn him out if that is all he hears and he just wont want to play anymore for risk of being scolded in the car ride home. Try to celebrate assists more than goals, ground balls more than hits and being coachable and a good teammate more than anything else.
We understand you are making a sacrifice and taking a lot of time and spending a lot of money in having your sons play Madlax. We take this fact seriously and therefore try to maximize our time with them. The players who commit and attend the most will have the greatest experiences. Thank you for bringing them to every practice and game and taking on these simple roles as a Madlax parent. Please communicate early and often if you have to miss something or be late for academic or personal reasons. We look forward to a fun and very successful season coaching your boys!
ENJOY the Season!
Play with Passion,