June 18-21, 2018
Boys ages 7-14 (rising 2nd-9th grades) All Players! All Positions!
Linway Terrace Park Turf (McLean, VA)
Please check-in on Monday by 8:30am. After the first day you can arrive at 8:45am for drop-off. We will supply you a reversible game jersey to wear and keep. Bring a re-fillable water bottle. Bring full pads (see list below).
We will only delay, not cancel, in case of lightning or thunder. We will play in rain. You can email our camp coordinator here, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions before camp. You can call Matt Marriott, Camp Director, during camp hours only if an emergency here (202) 536-9075.
Register HERE for Summer 2018 Camps...coming soon
This is a fun, instructional camp where emphasis is placed on improving individual skills and basic team concepts. The goal of these camps is to provide the best instruction and learning environment for young, aspiring players. Focus will be placed on teaching and showing proper individual skills for each camper. Perfect technique will be emphasized. We will aim to teach only those precise fundamentals which will last throughout their young careers as they develop into complete lacrosse players.
In the first two hours of each camp, athletes will be placed in groups according to size, skill, and experience. In those groups we will teach specific individual skills and basic team concepts. We utilize competition small group drills to teach specific aspects of the game. In the final hour campers will play games and scrimmages. "Fireball" is a Madlax Camp specialty. Every day Madlax camps always reward one "Camper of the Day" who exemplifies a great attitude. This award can range from a stick to a stringing kit and it does not necessarily go to the best player. Rather it goes to the kid who asks the best questions, is tough, hustles, and proves to the coaches that he wants to get better while having fun! Don't miss this rare opportunity to be taught by the best!
We will email a 10% in-store discount coupon in June before the camp to all those who are registered at least a week prior to camp. We will also supply reversible jerseys for the campers to keep.
Helmet with Chin Strap
Goalies – Chest Protector and a Throat Guard for helmet
(optional) Athletic Supporter with Cup
Director: Matt Marriott
• National Program Director, Madlax. 2014-Present
• Madlax All-Stars & National Team Head Coach, 2012-Present
• Capital North Stars Super Elite Head Coach, 2014-Present
• Offensive Coordinator Potomac School, 2017-Present
• Offensive Coordinator St Johns College High School. 2011-2014
• Furman University (SC) '07
• St James School (MD) '03
Luke Strang, Syracuse - Goalies & Defense
Shane Cocoran, Navy, Goalies & Defense
Kessler Brown, Penn State - Defense
Will McGettigan, Brown - Middies & Offense
Alex Trippi, UNC - Attack & Offense
Will Rock, UVA - LSMids & Defense
AD Hoffman, Goergetown - Attack & Offense
Jack O'Brien, Princeton, F/O Specialist
Coordinator: Cabell Maddux:
• Head Coach Under Armour Lacrosse Classic DC Area Team 2008
• Head Coach Potomac School 2007-2009
• Founder / Coordinator Team Madlax All-Stars Program 1999-Present
• Head Coach McLean HS 2003-2007
• Northern Virginia Journal "Coach of the Year" 2004
• Head Coach St. John's College HS '00-'03
• Head Coach German National Team Men,'98-'01
• Assistant Coach at Potomac School, '96-'99
• Assistant coach U. of Delaware, 1994-5
• Founder/ Owner of MadLax Sports Stores
• Collegiate All-American, Hobart College '92-'94
• High School All-American, Lawrenceville 1989
• 3 National Championship games, Titles in 1991 and 1993.
• NCAA Attackman of the Year in 1993
• MVP of 1993 National Championship game.
Extra Special Camp Features
• Free Equipment Awarded Daily to Campers of the Day
• 10% Discount in MadLax Stores through August
• MVP Awards
• Radar Gun / Hardest Shot 2X week
• Face Off Competition with prizes
• Free Reversible Game Jersey
• Sponsored by: Warrior Lacrosse