Dates: 1/16, 1/18, 1/23, 1/25, 1/30, 2/1 (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
Cost: Only $270!
Who: Boys in 3rd-12th grades. Intermediate & Advanced Level Face-Off Specialists & Midfielders. Players will be grouped by skill/experience
Dulles SportsPlex Address: 21610 Atlantic Blvd, Sterling, VA 20166
Winter clinics are held at the recently upgraded Dulles SportsPlex in Sterling, VA. At the Dulles SportsPlex we will use a large training area field turf field on which you should wear molded cleats.
Jack Grogan - Paul VI & Penn State
Pat Conroy - Towson and MLL Atlanta Blaze
Sessions: 6; One Hour Sessions
Positions: Midfield and Longstick Midfield
Class Size: 8 - 16
Equipment: Full pads required (helmet, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, stick). Also please wear cleats and lacrosse shorts. All lacrosse apparel and equipment is found conveniently at Madlax in McLean or in our online store at www.Madlax.com/shop.
Description: This is a specialty clinic for a player wishing to become a dominant face-off midfielder for his age. Face-offs have become the most important part of the boys game. A dominant face-off man can easily win games for his team! Madlax's proven teaching method will enable midfielder to learn techniques that will improve quickness, power and wins. This clinic will definitely fill up fast so be sure to register by clicking the "Online Application" tab on this page.
Face-Off Clinic Plan:
• Session 1: Fundamentals & The “Plunger”/”Pinch-and-Pop”
• Session 2: Auxiliary and counter moves
• Session 3: Stalemate and ground strategy
• Session 4: Wing control and controlling play
• Session 5: Mental and game strategy
• Session 6: Finale! Fun competitions. Combine all knowledge & finish strong.
• Comprehensive lesson regiment; “How to Dominate”
• Proprietary 5-Step Face-Off System
• Custom F/O style tailored slightly to each specific player’s strengths