June 29-July 2, 2020
McLean, VA - Linway Terrace Park Turf Field
Who: Rising 4th-8th Grade Boys.
For intermediate to advanced level boys of ALL positions. 1st class coaching staff! This camp attracts only the region's premier lacrosse prospects in these grades who want to learn and compete at the highest level in the area and/or country for their age.
Director: Cabell Maddux
• Head Coach Under Armour Lacrosse Classic DC Area Team 2008
• Head Coach Potomac School 2007-2009
• Founder / Coordinator Team Madlax All-Stars Program 1999-Present
• Head Coach McLean HS 2003-2007
• Northern Virginia Journal "Coach of the Year" 2004
• Head Coach St. John's College HS '00-'03
• Head Coach German National Team Men,'98-'01
• Assistant Coach at Potomac School, '96-'99
• Assistant coach U. of Delaware, 1994-5
• Founder/ Owner of MadLax Sports Stores
• Collegiate All-American, Hobart College '92-'94
• High School All-American, Lawrenceville 1989
• 3 National Championship games, Titles in 1991 and 1993.
• NCAA Attackman of the Year in 1993
• MVP of 1993 National Championship game.
Virginia 21' - Attack
UNC 21' - Attack
Michigan 20' - Midfield
Jacksonville 20' - Defense / LSM
Colgate 20' - Defense / LSM
Defense, Landon '18, Bucknell '22
Midfield, Landon '18, Michigan '22
See all Bios Here of our incredible coaches & directors for this camp.
This is a camp where our elite Madlax-Capital All-Stars staff and select guest coaches will teach you in an intense, uptempo playing environment. Emphasis is placed on improving advanced individual skills in the first 90 minutes and then on team skills in final 90 minutes. The boys will work hard and have fun as they compete in most drills.
9:00: Camp Meeting
9:10: Stickwork. Warm-Up the eyes, hands, legs and finish with a complete Dynamic Stretch
9:30: Positional Stations (Goalie, Face-Off, Dodging/Shooting, Defense)
We will do very specific position breakdown and teaching of all advanced concepts. A highly qualified specialist will direct each station!
10:00: Small Group (by age and size) Drills & Competitions. Evens (1v1, 2v2, 4v4), Un-evens (2v1, 3v2, 4v3, 5v4, 6v5), Scrambles, Break-Outs, Rides, Picks, Sliding. Compete!
10:30am: Team Drills: 6v6 Live Compete.
Team Offensive Sets. On and off-ball motion, cutting, spacing, picking, Slips, dodging, finishing!
Team Defensive Sets. On and off-ball defense, sliding, 2nd & fill slides, Angles, Talk, Breakouts
11:30: All Camp Game/Competition. Create competitive environment in a fast-paced uptempo game.
11:55: Camp Meeting, Awards & Finish
Shane Corcoran, Madlax 2017 Goalie, Heights, Naval Academy Commit